Friday, March 19, 2010

First Class and Strong Background Class

After the STPM, I worked in an aluminium factory for about six months. Really cant feel that working for others was so difficult. Just kept working, working and working... Until my results came out... What!!!! 3.59??? GOD!!! What course I should choose? Everyone who studied STPM would realise that a good course (Pharmacy, Chemical Engineering and etc.) in university was hard to get. I was a biology stream student. Haiz... Medicine-hopeless, Pharmacy-hopeless... Almost all the hot courses, I no need to put in my consideration list. Finally I put Civil and Structural Engineering in my first choice and i got it!!! Haha!!! Extremely happy at that moment!!! I met many friends in university. Really unforgetable!!! I studied almost all the time everyday in my room except having meals, showering, toileting and sleeping in my 1st year in university. Online like what I do now everyday - none. But I didnt regret to do that because I told myself, if I get my 1st class, many big companies will know my existence, appreciate me. This is one of the immature thinking (may be). After that, from the 2nd year and 3rd year, I know that results were not important for a student. Some of them were satisfy with the pointer plus minus 3.50. "Can graduate already ample for me. I sure can get a job in the future". Ha??? I was damn surprise??? Why the students will say so??? Kept asking myself and I finally knew the answer. Some of them have strong backgrounds. Some feel that experience is more important. For those who have strong backgrounds, once they graduate, their parents will provide them a job or their relatives will offer a job for them in their working companies. Then what for they need to study so hard. For the student without any strong background, they will worry about job after graduation. This is true in Malaysia. That time I feel that they were not 100% wrong. In reality, I need to accept it. That's why in this world, the word 'fair' will be found in dictionary only. I also asked myself whether I should get 1st class? Haha... Since I don't have strong background, better for me to get a better results than nothing.... What is the difference between me and for those who don't have 1st class??? A big question mark appears!!!

2 comments:

  1. No need to feel regret for putting so much efforts in your study...Just play your role well...Now you are the student, of course you will have the responsibility to study hard...
    For your last question, I can tell you that a very distinct difference already appear...at least I can see it right now...
    That is...
    You have saved RM28k in your pocket for your future...:P

    ReplyDelete
  2. Haha!!! Not necessary!!! The government not yet confirm it... Don't b too happy right now... Here is Malaysia. Muz the government take action oni it is authourised. Mouth say is useless... :p

    ReplyDelete